THANK YOU FOR A GREAT SEASON- SEE EVERYONE NEXT SUMMER!
It is that time of year again! The time when the end of the school year is quickly approaching and parents are wondering how to occupy their children for the summer months. If you want your child to still have structure, which is important in the early years, we encourage you to consider enrolling them in a summer camp, namely Deptford’s Summer Camp!
Tell me more…
- Deptford’s summer camp is open from June 15th through September 2nd, Monday through Friday from 9am to 4:30pm, with the option of extended care included. This is perfect for a busy family with parents that are employed outside the home, or a stay-at-home mom who needs time to take care of the house, and run errands.
- The children will love the variety of activities, as well as field trips that are routinely offered, and will get a healthy lunch and snack daily.
- Our staff is experienced and is comprised of certified teachers and college students pursuing a degree in child-care related fields. Each undergo an extensive background check, and are all CPR and First Aid certified.
- You can save by utilizing our discounts or by referring a friend
We are also looking for fun, energetic, and most of all responsible people who love kids to be our camp counselors! We are always seeking highly qualified people to help with our summer camp. With full-time and part-time options, it is a great way to cultivate your experience in childcare, or explore an avenue you have always been interested in. We accept college students as well as adults, and you must pass a background check. If you feel this is a position for you, or someone you know, fill out an application!
Can you believe it is already the middle of February? It is amazing how quickly 2016 is going by, which means summer will be here before you know it! If you have not signed your child up for Deptford Skating and Fun Center’s Summer Camp, what are you waiting for? Our amazing deal of 50% off Summer Camp registration fees ends at the end of the month, February 29th, so take advantage of this deal and sign your child up for Summer Camp while you can still save!
Why should my child go to summer camp?
- They’ll learn new things– Campers will experience things they may not have access to on a daily basis. By exploring new things, and interacting with new people your child will get a true sense of all life has to offer!
- They’ll develop social skills- Camp not only allows your child to try new things, but also to interact with more people than normal. You child will learn how to communicate effectively, and utilize important social skills to better maneuver through life.
- They’ll learn the value of hard work-Your child will be in a safe environment with us, so they will feel more comfortable taking safe risks. This will allow them to push their boundaries and make important self discoveries.
- They’ll build character- As your child makes new friends, they will have a better appreciation for their peer’s differences. They will learn that not everyone is the same, nor does everyone handle difficult situations the same way. It teaches them responsibility for themselves and others.
- They’ll learn to be more independent- Through problem-solving as well as being able to make their own decisions, children will learn that each action they make has a consequences, whether positive or negative. This will teach them to become self-reliant and a better person overall.
With the New Year’s festivities barely behind us, it may seem premature to start thinking about Summer. After all, the kids just went back to school from Winter break! We assure you, however, it is never too early to think about Summer, and all the great things you can do! Deptford Skating and Fun Center will be having our Summer camp Monday through Friday, from June 15 until September 2nd from 9am until 4pm, with extended care times include in the price from 7-9am, and 4:30-6pm! Let us tell you a bit about what we offer!
What will my child be doing during the day?
Not only will your child be getting all of the traditional benefits of a summer camp, but at Deptford they will also experience:
- Theme days and guest appearance
- Science shows
- And more!
Your child will also get the opportunity to go on field trips with their age group, which will create life-long memories!
Will my child be getting a healthy meal during the day?
Yes! We will provide a healthy, well-balanced meal for your child during the day, which is included in your tuition price! Students can choose from: the main lunch, a hot dog, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. There will also be a pasta a fruit bar available each day at no additional cost, and even have the option of an alternative daily snack of animal crackers, if they do not wish to partake in the food offered!
So, what are you waiting for! Learn more about our summer camp by clicking here!